Thursday 17 June 2010

Glam Nation: Milwaukee


This stop of the tour sees a surprising new shaved side haircut and a very dramatic trail of glitter for makeup giving him a space glam vibe. It feels like the new look adds to the vitality of the show as Adam's dance moves become sharper, fiercer and fuller. Here's my playlist:



The sound mix seems to be a little different at this concert with louder vocals and less echo. I notice that Adam replaces 'Ah' with 'Ooh' during RoF which it makes it even hotter. Speaking of hot, we get the second acoustic WLL of this tour. The light strumming at the beginning leads us to believe that it's going to be another MW but that first bar is enough to make us go crazy with excitement. It feels like the sexual tension is resting on a knife-edge as Adam paces restlessly around the stage before settling on the steps open-legged, flicking out his tongue in anticipation. We finally hear the first notes, telling us what we need and we know he's right because we're already burning up. The song gives way to sensual cries as he leans back, writhing, arching his back and revealing an extra sliver of flesh. It's like the whole audience has focused enough lust to psychokinetically have its way with him, materialising hungry mouths and eager hands all over his body. It's potently erotic because we can virtually see our own hands on him and imagine how it feels. It's too much, we can't handle it for long and he knows it, so he gets back up allowing us to breathe to prolong the agonising pleasure.

He slinks around all sultry but keeps us simmering at the instrumental break. He turns up the heat again with that strong voice, suggestively drawing our attention back to his hottest parts and building us up. Then he stops, teasing, sneering and sleazily licking his lips before the main 'baby' climax. The intensity is maintained for a while as he riffs and runs his hand down his body making us go wild. He then returns to the steps, legs snapping open in a raunchy move so reminiscent of the Art4Life Crazy that I wonder whether he's going for the glory grab. He doesn't, but finishes on a breathy and gentle moan then a sweet 'I love you Milwaukee' incorporated into the melody.

It's almost like Adam knew exactly what else I wanted improving on from Toledo. There are more keys, the sound mix is better, his voice more nuanced, and he doesn't finish so abruptly that it feels like being used and discarded. This felt considerate, like getting a cuddle at the end but still sexual rather than sensual, whereas FS WLL was an all-day love-in until knackered and falling asleep. I still prefer the instrumentals of FS WLL, their psychedelic feel, the acoustic bass and piano, especially at the ready-to-burst build-up and climax which feels much grander in scale. But Adam is on fire at this concert, radiating a sizzling sexual energy stronger than ever before in a scorching-hot show. Cold shower, anyone?

8 comments:

  1. I was there!!! It was one of the best nights of my life!! I was 5th row center and couldn't believe I was that close to him! I took so many pictures and video that by the time he did WLL my memory card ran out!!! ERGH but man oh man that boy can sing his heart out! He looked and sounded PHENOMENAL!!! When he did WLL it was so sexual and sexy you just couldn't take it all in. I was hoping my obsession would start slowing down, instead this concert has done the opposite. It was a night I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is epic. AB-I'm just swirling deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole of obsession. I'm on your blog every day and am so damn appreciative of the gift you are sharing. I don't know quite how you manage, as just watching our lad evolve and enthrall is taking hours of my life and I know you must spend even more. But I get so much joy from him--his humor, his deep down sexiness, his fabulous queerness. I saw him at FS and will see him again in San Francisco. Hope you are getting a whole lotta love! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, I am so jealous! I hope that one day I can get to see an acoustic WLL and survive to tell the tale! How did it feel when you saw him lie back writhing on those steps?

    idahophoenix, thank you! I don't know how I manage but Glam Nation and the World Cup are going to consume the whole of my summer! All these WLLs have lured us so far down the rabbit hole I expect we'll end up burrowing out of the other side of the earth! I do love the way he does them sparingly though, keeping us guessing. Congratulations, I'm thrilled you've managed to get tickets and I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam is the 'Pied Piper of LOVE'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! That WLL is THE hottest thing I've ever seen - he's absolutely perfected it and I am positively shaking. Writhing on those steps (sigh). I love that he fuels our female fantasies in this way (and I reckon he knows it) - we're never gonna have him, but we can dream about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous, yes, I wonder how many concert-goers ended up getting their frisk on after the concert!

    jo_blue, he certainly loves fucking with us in both senses of the word!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the 2 views of WLL.
    And thanks for putting the best versions in one place for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous, it takes a lot of time to put these playlists together so I'm glad you appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete